Four County Players Founders’ Scholarship
About the Founders’ Scholarship
The Four County Players Scholarship Program was established by Ralph and Marcelia Hall in the early 1980’s. The Halls wanted to recognize the contributions of the young thespians and technicians who came to share their numerous talents. Many of the recipients of scholarships literally “grew up” in the theater.
For many years Ralph and Marcelia were the managing team of the sale of refreshments at performances. Many of our long-standing patrons will remember the refreshment booth as you came up the stairs to the theater. Performance after performance would find one or both of them at the booth, always smiling and greeting each member of the audience and the cast and crew.
In 2005, the board of directors voted to rename the program “The Four County Players Founder’s Scholarship Program,” in honor of our two late founders, Bill Thomas and Lillian Morse.
It is most appropriate that proceeds from the refreshments are used to fund the Scholarship Program. Additional funding is provided by the generous donations of our patrons.
How to apply for a Founders’ Scholarship
Thank you for your interest in Four County Players. We award scholarships directly to post-secondary institutions in amounts up to $1,000.00 using funds earned from sales in our Bistro. We invite students who are entering or continuing at a post-secondary institution and who have volunteered at Four County Players to submit an application. Application due date is April 30th, 2021. Please note that scholarship funding is limited this year due to the financial constraints of the pandemic.
- Applicant must have been involved in either a Mainstage, Shakespeare at the Ruins, or Cellar production or contributed forty hours of service to the theater in the last twelve months.
- Applicant may apply to renew the scholarship one time if he or she is enrolled in a post-secondary institution and contributes forty hours of volunteer service to Four County Players in the last twelve months.
- Completed application form Download Scholarship Program Application (Microsoft Word Document)
- A copy of a high school or college report card or transcript
- A statement of support from an active member of Four County Players
- If the applicant is a high school senior, a statement from a school administrator indicating that the student is expected to graduate
- A brief (maximum two pages, typed) essay describing intended areas of study and how involvement in community theater has affected his or her life and goals
- Applicants for renewal must submit only an essay, application, and a copy of a college transcript or report card.
Due to COVID-19, application materials should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not mail materials via postal mail.