Employment Opportunities at Four County Players
Available Position: THEATER OPERATIONS MANAGER
Four County Players seeks a highly motivated and efficient individual to elevate operational efficiency, thereby enhancing the experience of our patrons and production teams. The Theater Operations Manager is a part-time, salaried position, reporting directly to the Board President and responsible for oversight of the theater’s operations day-to-day and as they coordinate with the production schedule.
Four County Players was founded in 1973 and is Central Virginia’s longest continually operating community theater. Our mission is to encourage participation in the arts in the Central Virginia community by providing performers, designers, students, volunteers, and audiences opportunities to engage in high-quality theatrical productions and educational offerings. Four County Players is a non-profit organization, and facilitating the incredible work of our volunteers is the key to driving that mission forward.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Maintain facility integrity of Four County Players
- Manage and coordinate the upkeep of facilities, including maintenance for the building and machinery compliance reviews for the production workshop
- Serve as point of contact for vendors, maintenance, & facilities contracts
- Ensure proper stocking, cleanliness, and readiness of all building spaces, including bathrooms and production workshop
- Work in consort with the Theater Office Manager to ensure overall theater needs are met
- Attend Four County Board Meetings and Production meetings
- Coordinate with Production Manager, show designer, and show crew chief to organize theater workdays (typically Saturdays), to include recruitment of volunteers
- Attend Saturday workdays and set builds, as well as tech week rehearsals as needed
- Train volunteers on location of and proper handling of shop tools and equipment
- Coordinate with the Production Manager to create, implement, and oversee strike plans for each show throughout the season
- Alongside the Board, the Production Manager, and the Theater Office Manager, coordinate planning for weather-related cancellations
- Special assignments as requested by the President and/or Board of Directors
- Abide by and enforce the Four County Players Code of Conduct
- Demonstrated ability in facilities management
- Knowledge and experience with maintaining a safe working environment, to include the usage of power tools and equipment
- Project management proficiency, to include the ability to delegate tasks across a broad spectrum of constituent capabilities
- Equal ability to work independently and as a member of a team in order to effectively manage and meet/beat necessary timelines
- Effective and timely interpersonal, oral, and written communication and presentation skills to coordinate effectively, comfortably, and respectfully with fellow staff members, the Four County Board, volunteers, vendors, and the public
- Proficiency in, or ability to quickly learn, appropriate reporting mechanisms (Four County Players primarily operates in a Google G-Suite environment)
- Problem solver with the initiative to identify and address needs as they arise
- Flexibility and willingness to take on new responsibilities as needed
- Part-time, salaried
- Yearly salary $15,600
- Estimated 20 hours per week
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Four County Players is committed to building a diverse community of staff and volunteers who are supported by an environment that promotes inclusion and belonging. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
All interested parties should email email@example.com with their resume, list of at least three references, and their statement of interest. The targeted start date will be no later than Monday, February 20, 2023. Position is open until filled.
This position can also be found on the following platforms: