Four County Players is led by a working board of directors, composed of fifteen board members and one youth representative. Directors must be members of Four County Players in good standing and are elected by the membership. Directors serve a three-year term, beginning on July 1; five board members are elected at the annual meeting of the membership each June.
The Nominating Committee is responsible for recruiting potential candidates, researching their qualifications, and preparing information for review by the board and regular members. Members interested in serving on the board should inform the Nominating Committee, chaired by Tres Wells, of their interest by April 1.
The Nominating Committee will request a written letter of interest and resume to share with the full board of directors at its May meeting. If the board votes to nominate a member for service on the board, the candidate may stand for election at the annual meeting.
Sometimes a board seat becomes vacant before the director has finished the term. If the timing of the vacancy doesn’t correspond with the annual meeting, the board may elect a director to fill the unexpired term without a vote by the membership. Service begins immediately and expires when that term expires.
- Attend all board meetings.
- Chair or serve as a member of two or more committees.
- Work as house manager or Bistro team leader for at least one performance of each production.
- Receive updates and provide feedback on productions.
- Bring concerns to the attention of appropriate person (eg. committee chair, executive committee, or president.)
- Keep details of Four County Players management in confidence.
- Be a good ambassador for Four County Players.
- Be a member in good standing (membership dues must be up-to-date.)
- Help staff and support opening night parties, volunteer appreciation party, theater cleanup day, and other special events.
- Represent Four County Players to outside organizations and groups.
- Attend and help publicize shows.
- Help take responsibility for workday lunches by organizing, providing, and/or delivering lunch to volunteers.
- Stay in close communication with board members through email, Google Docs, SignUp Genius, and other electronic platforms.